How to get trade license in Dubai? This question will come to your mind if you are planning to setup business in Dubai.Once you have decided to start business in Dubai,trade license is the most important document which you need.Trade license is a certificate issued by the government and it grants permission to carry on a particular trade activity on a particular address. The Process of getting a business trade license in Dubai, UAE requires your to get an approvals from the government,especially Department of Economic Development. You are also required to get all your company formation documents cleared from different UAE agencies. This process can be confusing and expensive for a new entrepreneur.
- Indicate the type of the business categories or business license requirement (industrial, professional and commercial) and kind of business activities involved in the business operations.
- Determine all business activities that must match to accommodate business trade license. Each license can have upto 10 maximum activity.
- Determine all the necessities and factors related to acquisition of required license.
- Identify the name of the business trade license
- Submission of an application to the department of economic development (DED) for initial approval (valid for 6 months).
- Registration of the trade name after initial approval either via a document clearing consultancy/ legal consultant or personally
- Leasing a business office (New business setup should have an office in order to get trade license).
- Preparation of required documents like the validation proof of other government authorities, memorandam of association (MOA) that is required in each phase.
- Submission of the application to the government department in order to obtain trade license
- Finally the payment of the fees and the collection of the trade license.
There are fundamentally three general trade license categories that is issued in Dubai for registering a company :
It must be issued to a company associated with manufacturing based business activities.Physical office in Dubai is required for this license.Business that require trade license include :
- Manufacturing of food products
- Metal casing
- Furniture manufacturers
For any kind of trading activity, a commercial license is issued. Commercial trade license in UAE is required for companies engaged in buying or selling goods. For trading within Dubai,UAE under a commercial license, forming a mainland limited liability company is the best option. In this case, you need a local Emirati sponsor.Under the UAE Companies Law, a minimum of 51% ownership must be held by a UAE National (Local Partner), and 49% ownership will be that of the foreign shareholder. However, the law permits the issuance of constitutional documents for an LLC to contain provisions designed to protect the interests of the foreign minority shareholder, including but not limited to the profits distribution, assets entitlement, appointment of directors/managers, powers of administration, and influence in decision making.
You can also get commercial licenses for trading outside UAE in any of the free zones. Here, you do not need a sponsor and you can own 100% of the company. Freezone companies are also allowed to sell commodities within the Emirates by partnering with a local UAE mainland-registered distributor.
It must be issued to the various employees, professionals, artists, craftsmen and service providers. Professional trade license in Dubai and UAE is taken for businesses providing services. A partnership with a local service agent is required for this license.You are guaranteed 100% ownership of the company, its operations and profit. B2B Document Clearing will act as your local service agent .The nominated Local Service Agent will not have any management authority or financial commitment and will only act on your behalf to facilitate the trade license and visa processes necessary to complete your trade license. The Local Service Agent Appointment Contract shall regulate the relationship between the two parties. Business that requires Professional trade license are:
- Marketing consultancy
- Law firms
- Management consultancy
- Medical services
- Educational institutions
- Auditing or Accounting companies
- Information technology services